Screen Cracks aren’t the End of the World
If you’re like most people, you probably think that the only solution to a cracked screen is to purchase a new unit, or perhaps the replacement of the screen. Or maybe just replace the entire unit and buy a whole new phone!
However, you don’t have to be old tech savvy owners to know how to deal with cracked screen replacement. You simply need to know a few steps that will not only save you money, but also give you satisfaction knowing that you took action and dealt with your problem.
If you are concerned that the scratch was not a result of a road impact, then there is no need to fret. Even though this may be the case, when you replace the screen, it is not recommended that you replace all the components of the unit such as the LCD screen.
The screen should be replaced as a unit. Not even the glass on the screen should be replaced. By doing this, you can keep the unit in good working order.
On newer iPhones, LCD touch screen is always fully charged. So by simply unplugging the power supply, you can easily get rid of the problem. But in the event that the power has been cut to the iPhone, you must replace the power supply.
Although your old phones were not broken, you still must have the right tools. This includes paper clips, a pair of pliers, a screwdriver, and a battery tester.
Once you find the phone that is cracked, you need to determine where it happened. Be sure to write down the serial number so that you can quickly locate it.
Then, using your phone number and look up the website in question, you can get more information. Once you have obtained the right information, you can then request a return shipping label from the retailer. Be sure to send the unit back with the original packaging, or you will likely be responsible for paying for shipping.
So now that you know about the steps to take in replacing a screen, you need to be aware that your screen is a part of your phone’s system. So be sure to place the unit in your pantry first, before you put the whole unit back together.
Similarly, if you are using big screens, be sure to make sure the space under the screen is not crowded. Be sure to empty the fridge or freezer before putting the unit back together.
Hopefully, this guide will give you an idea of how to solve the problem and make sure that you solve the best possible solution for yourself. And by knowing the steps you will also be able to prevent yourself from buying a new phone that you do not need, or even worse, one that does not work at all.
Alternative Steps to Fix a Cracked Screen
If you have a busted up or cracked screen on your television set, you have several options open to you. It may not be that hard to repair the problem, or it may be impossible depending on the situation. In either case, you will need to know how to do it right the first time, so here are some things to consider.
- First, make sure that the screen is made of solid material. There are several types of screen, but a good quality screen will be made of glass, plastic, polyester fiberglass, and stainless steel.
- Screens are usually mounted to the wall, and some people like to install them behind the television. Even though there is usually no visible damage to the screen, it is still very important to get it repaired the first time. You want the screen to look brand new, with no dents or scratches in it.
- If you have a home improvement store nearby, you can buy a home repair kit. These kits have all the necessary tools you need to fix the screen without any problems. Sometimes, however, you do not have a home improvement store near you, so you will need to call someone to come over and do the job for you.
- If you do not have a home repair kit, you can call a local computer repair shop to do the job for you. Many companies are equipped with equipment to repair almost any type of screen, so you can expect to get a great, professional service. Make sure you take pictures of the screen before they go out to work on it.
- Before you leave the shop, be sure to get a little help from them. Even if they do not specialize in this type of work, they may be able to give you advice on what to do about cracked screens.
- Once you have the repair started, remember to get the phone number of the person you called in the first place. If you do not get an answer, try calling the phone number again. If the person does not answer, call the police.
- If you choose to call a local company to do the job, do not expect to have a good quality product as the manufacturer will likely not make the screen as long as they would want to. As soon as the company gets paid, however, they will offer you a high quality product at a good price. There is nothing wrong with paying for a product as long as it is top-quality.
You can keep a loose screen from coming out by using lint. Lint is like a snowplow, and it is supposed to push down on the screen so that it can slide off the screen without cutting through the glass. You simply place the lint in the crack, and it pushes the screen in place until it has slid out.
Once the screen is installed and the screen is repaired, make sure the screen is in the best possible shape. Check the contacts and glass for cracks. If you find cracks, you should immediately contact the repair shop so that the screen can be repaired the next day.
Your first time using a screen, you are probably afraid that it will break. As long as you follow the guidelines and know what to do about cracked screens, you will be fine. Just be sure to keep all the details in mind, and you will never have to worry about a broken screen again.